Sunday, October 2, 2011

BOOK SIGNINGS

I had a successful book signing Saturday. A friend and I shared a table at a Craft Fair. My friend sold bracelets and watches, and I used my space to display my last two books, "Broken Promises," and "Don't Dance On My Heart." Both of us did quite well.
I noticed that many vendors sat back and waited to be approached. It reminded me that in order to sell anything, you have to make eye contact with the visitors. Engage everyone in conversation, even if they aren't interested in what you have to offer. Keep something available to entice their interest. I used a large bowl of hard candy and encouraged everyone who passed the table to help themselves. Ask about their purchases. My interest in them turned the conversation back to my books. Book signing can be fun. Even if you don't make a lot of sales, you can make friends. I gave out my card with a business email address. I reminded anyone who took one that if they kept in touch, I would tell them when my next book would be published.

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas to keep in mind when doing a book signing! Glad you had a fab day there. Thanks for sharing.
    :)
    C.

    ReplyDelete