Wednesday, July 30, 2014

READERS PREFERENCES

I had an interesting meeting with members of the Desert Hearts Romance Readers, a book club that meets at the Sahara West Library in Las Vegas, Nevada. They shared what they liked and what made them skip pages when reading a romance novel.
Did they prefer sexy love scenes?
Romantic tension?
Vivid descriptions?
Bad boy lovers?
Strong female characters?
Interesting side stories?
A dark plot?
Predictable endings?
I'm looking for feedback from my blog and twitter followers. What makes you pick up a book and be reluctant to put it down? What turns you off?  Do you pay attention to strong writing? Are you excited when the author writes a twist you didn't expect? Do you prefer a series?
As an author, I find this information important, Share your views with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment