Saturday, April 30, 2011

Adding A Character to your story

Sometimes it's necessary to add a character to your ongoing novel. This is especially important if you plan to write a series. I find that minor characters add depth and make an excellent choice for an ongoing series. It's fun to make a previous villain or trouble maker change and take on a different role in your next manuscript. I used that scenario in the second of my trilogy, "The Women of Rexford." Victoria was spoiled, self-centered and determined to cause my heroine trouble in the first book. When I made her the main character in the second book, the reader could watch her life change, develop and overcome her previous problems. Of  course, I gave her a new set of challenges and hopefully the reader will cheer for her to succeed. Keep writing and keep reading. Joyce Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment