Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hail in Las Vegas

Yeah, that's right. We had hail today. Imagine, one day last week our temperature soared to 95, and today a sprinkling of rain turned to hail. My yorkies seemed confused when the small pellets hit their backs. Such babies! Okay, so I spoil them, but what are dogs for?

I'm working on my new novel for Snowy Creek Publishing, setting a schedule of writing 1000 words a day, six days a week. It feels odd, writing a Christmas novel in April...but I need time to write and edit. At any rate, it's going along fine. It's the first book I plotted in advance. That's new to me, an old, died in the wood, pantser, but it seems to be working.

Our chapter of the Romance Writers of America, the Las Vegas Romance Writers, have invited a speaker who will give a presentation on editing. It couldn't happen at a better time as I just finished the second book of my series, "The Women of Rexford." I'm looking forward to the meeting.

Keep on reading. Books can take us anywhere we want to go. Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment